Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
The mission of my research is to fortify and apply the cognitive science of innovation. My overall strategy is to do basic cognitive research and develop new tools and platforms for innovation. I believe fundamental basic research can inform and test ideas for new tools and platforms, which can in turn yield new questions and insights for basic research.
If you're interested in collaborating or finding out more, please drop me a line!
- New paper from my dissertation accepted to Design Studies! Check out the paper.
- My new work on social-computing-powered idea generation was accepted as a demo at HCOMP 2014. Check out the extended abstract.
- I presented work from my dissertation at Cognitive Science 2014. Check out the paper.
- I successfully defended my dissertation! (July 1)
- My dissertation research was recognized with a Tim Post Award for research excellence!
- My master's research on analogies and ideation in an expert design team was featured on National Geographic, Fast Company, and Business Insider
- I joined the Protolab with Steven Dow at Carnegie Mellon's Human-Computer Interaction Institute