- Matt Erhart, Research Programmer
- Scott Schmidt, Research Associate
- Xin Qian, iSchool PhD
- Kunal Eapen, iSchool HCIM
How to get involved
If you’re a UMD student (undergrad, Masters, or PhD) interested in getting involved, please start by browsing the research section. Pick a topic or two that interest you and let’s chat about it! Some productive conversation topics might include ideas for how to solve some challenges/open questions, or interesting connections between the research topic(s) to some things you’ve seen or thought about.
To maximize the likelihood that I’ll respond to your initial query:
- Follow these tips on how to write a good first email
- Include “[MegaCognition lab] Getting involved?” in the subject line of your email.
- Include a specific research idea related to my research interests: it could be an idea for how to solve some challenges/open questions, or interesting connections between the research topic(s) to some things you’ve seen or thought about
If you’re a Master’s student, you should know upfront that the likelihood of a funded position is unfortunately very low. This is because I have very limited funds as I start up the lab; perhaps this will change after I am more established! I still welcome volunteers or for-credit involvement, but only if it makes sense for your situation. If there are funded positions I will be sure to note that here and also advertise on the relevant distribution channels in the iSchool.